WHY I LOVE ALONG FOR THE RIDE BY SARAH DESSEN
I've been a little lax on posting these lately, whoops!
- •Auden's quest to make up for her lost childhood
- •The 9 o'clock dance
- •Maggie's unexpected biking skillsAnd her friendship with Auden
- •When Auden calls Thisby Isby
- •Heidi becoming an unexpected friendI really love this character development in Auden's acceptance of Heidi
- •Eli ❤️Making Rice Krispy Treats for Auden when she was sad
- •No no no to TallyhoExcept when Auden and Eli first kissed 😘
- •Hot dog partiesAnd the food fight
- •Adam and MaggieI'd read a spinoff book on them tbh
- •Favorite quotes:
- •“Maybe it was true, and being a girl could be about interest rates and skinny jeans, riding bikes and wearing pink. Not about any one thing, but everything.”
- •“Life is full of screwups. You're supposed to fail sometimes. It's a required part of the human existence.”
- •"Maybe the truth was, it shouldn't be easy to be amazing. Then everything would be. It's the things you fight for and struggle with before earning that have the greatest worth. When something's difficult to come by, you'll do that much more to make sure it's even harder - if not impossible - to lose."