Already on li.st? Open in app.
I have had many cups of tea this week 🍵 Shout out to #sharethelex fave Montea (www.monteashop.com) and Nashville's oddball cookery shop Davis Cookware for keeping my throat soothed and my insides warm.
- •Moroccan Mint
- •Strawberry Sencha
- •Sun-Kissed Green
A great year for the ladies! In the order my heart desires...
- •Grimes, Art Angels
- •Shannon and the Clams, Gone by the Dawn
- •Dilly Dally, Sore
I'm a librarian, so I have lots of books that I don't always have time to read, but here's the ones that really stood out that I read this year.
- •The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, by Rebecca Skloot. An incredible look at medical ethics and historical trauma, as well as women's health care. A MUST READ for, well, anyone who is or knows a woman.
- •The Coal Tattoo, by Silas House. Silas is a master Appalachian storyteller, and this is just such a beautiful story of sisterhood, religion, and leaving in the face of tradition.
- •The Orange Eats Creeps, by Grace Krilanovich. What a surreal ride. Loosely, teenage druggie punk vampires are on the loose in the Pacific Northwest, but stick around for the Twin Peaks vibes. I have never read a book like this before, but I have been looking for another ever since.
Because sometimes I get melancholy about how little I've done, I need to celebrate what I have.
- •Unexpected gifts from internet friends.
- •Intentions of perfection ruined early--a blessing
- •Blizzard in Chicago.