I still wasn't an adult
The times when I should have thought "ok, I'm officially an adult" but didn't and the one time it did
- •When I graduated from high school - I'm 18. Not an adult.
- •When I graduated from college - I have a degree. I'm 22. Not an adult.
- •I'm engaged and in grad school, living with my fiancée. I'm 23. Not an adult.
- •I have a masters, I'm married and moving From Cleveland to Baton Rouge. I'm 24. not an adult.
- •I've been working as a teacher for 3 years. We have bought our first home and I have a little boy. I'm 27 Not an adult.
- •Baby number two comes 13 months later and we pack up and move back to Cleveland and into our second home. I'm 28. Not an adult
- •I've been married and teaching 12 years. Throughout it all despite time and accomplishment I still don't think my youth was so far away... Then- For the last 11 months my mom has battled cancer. She passes away. I'm crushed. I'm 36 I'm an adult.