GIVE THE DRUMMER SOME!
seriously under-appreciated drummers. why don't we talk about them more?
- •joey baron (needs to be seen to be believed)
- •paul thompson (roxy music's secret weapon)
- •jody stephens (most tasteful fills ever)
- •phil collins (some of us believe he should have stayed behind the kit)
- •richie ramone (poor guy - most powerful drummer band ever had)
- •janet weiss (a force of nature; the best part of any band she's in)
- •steve shelley (created a firmament for s.y.'s sonic maelstrom)
- •sara lund (anybody lucky enough to see unwound in the 90's will understand)
- •brent mclachlan (gordons/bailter space need more love, drummer was key to unique trio dynamic)
- •yoshimi p-we (bedrock of boredoms)
- •robert wyatt (ex-drummer too soon; soft machine's propulsive optimist)
- •topper headon (most accomplished musician in the clash)