MOST DEVASTATING METS FANDOM MOMENTS
Sulking post WS loss
- •Carlos Beltran bat on shoulder
- •Up 7 with 17 to goWith a seven-game division lead on September 12, the Mets suffered a historic collapse by losing 12 of their last 17 games and missing the postseason. It is regarded as one of the worst collapses in MLB history.
- •Strawberry takes $20MM from the DodgersThe end of Doc and Darryl.
- •Owners build new stadium that evokes Ebbets Field and fill it with Dodgers memorabiliaThe new $850 million ballpark got an electric reception last Monday, but a growing chorus of Mets fans are griping about a peculiar choice of which storied New York stadium the Amazin's have honored. There's a glaring lack of Shea reminders amid an odd abundance of tributes to the long-departed Brooklyn Dodgers and Ebbets Field, fans say.
- •Doc Gooden throws a no-hitter...for the Yankees
- •David Cone throws a perfect game...for the Yankees