THINGS MY COWORKERS MAKE FUN OF ME FOR SAYING
- •My bad"What is this, the '90s?" Did people stop saying this after the '90s? I didn't.
- •CussingApparently this is quaint, and the preferred modern terminology is either "cursing" or "swearing." But those both sound so formal, like I'm being chided by a schoolteacher. See also: cussin' up a storm, cussed a blue streak
- •Acetaminophen"Just say Tylenol!"
- •Gussied upI actually had to explain this phrase to my devops guy. He said it was the most ridiculous thing he'd ever heard.
- •Tarted upLike getting gussied up but with a shorter skirt and bright red lipstick. "I think I'm going to get all tarted up tonight for my tinder date since I don't think I'll ever see him again. If you know what I mean 😉😉" "Jess, stop it. That phrase is sexist and you're not that charming."