I took an improv class!
And loved every minute of it!
- •There's only one "official" improv group in my city#midwestproblems
- •So I signed up for Monday night classes
- •We met for two hours every week from the beginning of August until this past Monday(I missed Labor Day class but I won't tell if you won't)
- •It wasn't TOO expensive, plus I got the early bird discount!$15 per class I think? Pretty cheap entertainment if you ask me
- •I had so.much.fun.
- •Seriously improv was the highlight of my week
- •It made Monday's bearable because I had something to look forward too
- •It made the rest of the week drag because I couldn't wait for the next Monday night
- •I'm signing up for Round 2 because I found out that having a creative outlet is very necessary for me
- •I tend to get overwhelmed by the drudgery of 9-5
- •Improv helps me stay positive!
- •I'll probably go through this round and then move on to other creative outlets
- •I learned a lot about myself that I didn't knowI.e. I have a lot of ideas to bring to the table but I tend to sit on them until it's too late
- •I learned things that have helped me in real life too, not just improv!I.e. As a person I tend to play my cards close to the vest and yet I found that while there's a time and a place to play it cool, there are many chances to go all in. I want to take advantage of those chances in the future!
- •If you've ever considered trying something like this
- •DO IT
- •You won't regret it!