Dumb Things I Believed as a Kid
Yeah, I Was A Stupid Little Monkey!
- 1.I thought the turn signal was simply a light on the dash you engaged to remind you which way you were turning.
- 2.I thought a person's tongue was literally connected to their heart.
- 3.I believed if you sprinkled salt on a bird's tail it would become your faithful life companion.
- 4.I deduced that, because it was shiny with gold gilded page edges, our family bible was magic and would grant wishes if held high above the head in the sunlight.
- 5.I thought Superman's power came from wearing a cape and the reason my home-made towel cape didn't give me powers is because it wasn't the right shade of red.
- 6.I believed that, when turned off, the TV was recording our living room. This is because I could see my reflection in the CRT's glass front. I imagined that it was a show that was being beamed to a different planet and watched by a little kid like me. So I performed for him.
- 7.If you swallowed a seed, it would grow inside you. (Needless to say, I ate my fruit very carefully!)
- 8.Stay tuned for more as I remember them!