THE NINE STAGES OF WATCHING FARGO WITH MY PARENTS
Fortunately, I've already watched it, but alas, it's a cycle.
- •Pausing and starting an episode over to Shazam the opening songStill not Van Morrison. Actually, it's literally never Van Morrison. No, I promise, it's not Van Morrison.
- •Identifying the cars being drivenAnd somehow, one of the two of them owned said car, even though I swear neither of them were ever wealthy growing up.
- •Explaining the lesbian subtext between Constance and PeggyBecause Peggy is a naughty girl, dontchaknow?
- •Pausing an episode because dad wants a snackOK WENDELL.
- •Googling actors to see what they were inJean Smart- Designing Women, Ted Danson- Cheers, Kirstin Dunst- Bring it On, Patrick Wilson- Angels in America, Jesse Plemmons- Friday Night Lights, and if you're super curious, yes, that IS the guy from Everybody Loves Raymond
- •Correcting my parents for using the word Indian instead of Native AmericanBut honestly, his name is Hanzee, so I don't know why we're not just using that.
- •Reviewing the ten minutes one of them falls asleep each episodeIt's usually something to do with Kansas City. I get it. The Kitchen Brothers don't even talk.
- •Explaining "self-actualization"I don't know what it is either. It's not from Buzzfeed. I think it comes from the 70s.
- •Pausing and rewinding the end of an episode to Shazam the final song.No one knows how to say Bon Iver. It's fine.