ACTUAL OXFORD DICTIONARY WORD OF THE YEAR SHORTLIST
This list needs little introduction. Here is the actual shortlist and winner for the Oxford Dictionary word of the year.
- •sharing economyStarted off strong here, an Internet updated version of an older concept. Two good words, they look good together, I buy it.
- •theyAs in "they" went just to the men's room instead of the women's restroom....which I did not see coming.
- •on fleekIf you don't know what this means, I'm jealous of you, non-millenial.
- •ad blockerA very necessary part of the Internet. Obviously not very popular amongst the Oxford Dictionary ad department.
- •refugeeA serious word that reflects the global conversation as of late. Weird that this is just coming up now considering the I don't know, ridiculous length of time refugees have been a global issue. Also, if you don't know this word you are stupid, please find a dictionary.
- •BrexitThis is a word to describe the UK's potential exit from the EU. Strange choice, Oxford Dictionary.
- •Dark WebIt's as ominous as it sounds, the Dark Web is serious business. Not sure it needs the promo. Good call tucking this one away.
- •lumbersexualNo comment.
- •AND THE ACTUAL REAL LIFE WINNER: 😂The end is nigh.