BEST WAYS TO TELL EMPLOYEES "HEY, YOU DID A GOOD JOB"
I have a staff of three, and they have been busting tail for two weeks on a high profile project, coming in early and staying late. I'd like to show my appreciation. I have no budget for this kind of thing; it'll be coming out of my own pocket. So I'm crowdsourcing ideas here. Add your ideas as suggestions or vote your opinion in the comments.
- •Email to my boss to make sure she knows how much they've been doing, to which she will probably respond with a thank you email to them and will probably copy her boss on that. Everyone will know how much our department contributed.This will definitely be done.
- •Nominate them all for Staff Member of the MonthNone of them will be chosen since there will be three people nominated for the same reason, but they'll get a certificate and recognition at the next staff assembly just for the nomination. This is free.
- •Gift cards inside handwritten thank you cards.I did this last year for a similar situation. Hurt my wallet a bit, but worth it. I didn't get much reaction from them about it, but everyone loves a gift card, right?
- •Bring in lunch to celebrate.Seems nice to me. Also, bonus points for being a team bonding activity and being less expensive than the gift cards.
- •Time offIs it possible to let them go home an hour early (or more) and beat rush hour or take care of errands or start an early FAC?Suggested by @andersun