BLACK LIVES MATTER
Inspired by @boygirlparty and everyone.
- •I heard the news yesterday about Alton Sterling and could only think "How does this keep happening?"
- •Because white privilege has allowed me to think that police are there to serve and protect.
- •And then today the news about Philando Castile.Not again!
- •But I'm finally waking up to reality.
- •I've hesitated about listing because I don't know what it's like for black people in America, and I don't want to say anything out of line.
- •And I don't want to offend people by speaking, when the last thing you need is another white woman talking about something she doesn't know about.
- •But I've been reading all the lists. For the past 9 months, I've been learning from all of you about white privilege and how it colors my worldview, about black lives and their experiences in the same America that I live in. The past 2 days especially.
- •I'd like to thank the people of li.st for helping me to learn.
- •But in the end, even if I don't know what it is like to be black in America, I do know that BLACK LIVES MATTER, and there will never be enough people saying that.