CHILDHOOD DREAM JOB: TAXI DRIVER
And it's the Muppet Babies fault. Inspired by @kcupcaker
- •In 1984, a groundbreaking television show debuted: Muppet Babies.
- •In one episode, baby Kermit can't decide what he wants to be when he grows up.
- •His friends try to help him by telling him about their future careers.i.e. Fozzie wants to a comedian, Piggy wants to be an actress, Gonzo wants to be a dinosaur doctor.
- •They also suggest other cool careers for him like fireman, Olympic jumper, etc.
- •He decides to be a taxi driver instead.
- •The other muppet babies think he picked the wrong career. They say being a taxi driver is boring and ordinary. Piggy is upset that he won't make any money.
- •He proves them wrong. They all climb on the couch and use their imagination. Suddenly they're in a taxi and Kermit is driving!
- •Just when they all think they were right and this is the most boring job ever, a spaceman gets in the taxi and asks Kermit to drive him to the moon!
- •Kermit does and the spaceman gets out. Kermit takes a look at the meter and requests $250,000 for the fare!
- •The spaceman gives him piles of cash!
- •Then he picks up ET to return home for his next fare!
- •So as a 4-year-old, I decided if being a taxi driver was good enough for Kermit, it was good enough for me.It seemed to be a very exciting and lucrative career choice.
- •My mom was so embarrassed when I told people that I wanted to be a taxi driver, which must've been the reason I eventually abandoned my dream.
- •You can watch the episode for yourself here!