FAVORITE LINES OF LOVE ACTUALLY, CHRONOLOGICALLY
Beginning my annual viewing-while-decorating tradition. I'll try hard not to just transcribe the movie.
- •There was more than one lobster present at the birth of Jesus?🦀
- •Natalie-Shit, I can't believe I just said that. Now I've gone and said shit. Twice. I'm sorry, sir.David-It's fine, it's fine, you could've said "fuck", and then we'd have been In real trouble. Natalie-I did have an awful premonition I was going to fuck up on my first day.
- •Invite him out out for a drink and after about 20 minutes, casually drop into the conversation that you'd like to marry him and have lots of sex and babies. 🍸👶🏼
- •I'm off in three weeks! Yes! To a fantastic place called Wisconsin!
- •You have this kind of problem? (To portrait of Margaret Thatcher) Of course you did, you saucy minx.
- •Hi kids. Here's an important message from your Uncle Bill. Don't buy drugs. Become a pop star and they give you them for free.
- •The difference is you're still sickenly handsome while I look increasing like my aunt Mildred.
- •We may be a small country. But we're a great one too. A country of Shakespeare, Churchill, the Beatles, Sean Connery, Harry Potter, David Beckham's right foot. David Beckham's left foot. A friend who bullies us is no longer a friend. And since bullies only respond to strength, from now on, I shall be prepared to be much stronger.
- •Yes? I'm very busy and important.
- •What did my brother do today? He stood up and fought for his country. And what did I do today? I made a papier-mâché lobster head. 🦀
- •Joni Mitchell taught your cold English wife how to feel.
- •Ooh...would we call her chubby?
- •I hate Uncle Jamie. I hate Uncle Jamie. I hate Uncle Jamie!
- •Much as it grieves me to say it, the people I love, is, in fact, you.
- •The octopus costume's taken me months. Eight is a lot of legs, David. 🐙
- •Okay, dad, let's do it. Let's go get the shit kicked out of us by love.
- •Yes is being my answer.