I'VE FALLEN FOR THE FLASH
Last weekend I was introduced to the CW's The Flash and its consumed my every waking (non-work) moment since. I've just finished season 1 and here are some reasons why I love it.
- •Grant Gustin is perfect as Barry Allen, aka, the Flash.Adorable, dorky, intelligent, hot, and dashing are a few other adjectives I would use to describe him. And don't get me started on that smile!
- •The relationship between Barry and his foster father, Joe, is my favorite relationship on tv.
- •Barry Allen has style.The boy looks good in blue, but really looks good in about anything.
- •Cisco is everything a superhero sidekick should be.He wears funny t-shirts, cracks wise and makes spot on pop culture references.
- •Jesse L. Martin knows how to act and how to wear a beanie.Seriously, I was continuously blown away and impressed by both facts.
- •The special effects are 👍🏼I get fired up seeing Flash race away!
- •"Lightning...gave me abs?"The one liners are my favorite.
- •Emotions.All the feels. I was so distraught during the season finale, I misspelled ugly in this text.
- •Time travel.My favorite subject in any medium.
- •The score is excellent.From the music that builds during big action scenes to the emotional moments and the pop songs in between. 👌🏼
- •The big baddie for season 1 made you a little confused about who to root for.I'm not including a pic so as not to spoil, but this character was so multidimensional that when you find out he's out to harm Barry, you're torn. This is no villain caricature.
- •I'm probably missing a few things, but this should be enough to get you started. On to season 2 for me!