PROS AND CONS OF CALLING IN SICK
If you're me...
- •You can have a true day of rest. Sleep in. Read a little. Sleep some more.
- •You can stay in your pajamas all day.
- •You don't have to listen to you co-workers say "Don't get me sick!" when you start your hacking cough.
- •You get to be horizontal a lot.
- •You feel guilty as hell.
- •You constantly ask yourself, between hacking coughs, "Am I really sick? Should I be at work right now?"
- •You wonder if everyone at work is talking about you. "Jill? Oh she seemed fine yesterday... convenient that she's sick on a Friday..."
- •You have to check your email at least occasionally because, like, what if something important happens and you're the only one who knows what to do?
- •You have to cancel your evening plans.Like my mother always said when I was a kid, if you're too sick to go to school then you're too sick to see your friends after school.
- •😷Inevitably 😷
- •Your guilt gets the better of you and you return to work too soon.
- •You constantly ask yourself "Am I too sick to be at work?"
- •Your hacking cough annoys your coworkers. Your coworkers' attempts to keep themselves from your sickness annoys you.