Things That Have Made Me Realize I Was Actually Not Just An Adult But Also Old
Turning 49 in a few weeks, so yes, yes, I am.
- •The party STARTS at 8? 8 *PM*?
- •Life's too short for store-brand plastic wrap.
- •At client meetings, the client says, "Well, OUR generation..." And it takes a few more sentences to realize I'm not included in that statement.
- •My 10-year-old swings my underarm flab and states, "Hey, it's starting to look like Grandma's!"
- •When asked on a date, instead of being excited at future prospects, my brain, in a computer-playing chess like process, runs through every possible outcome and then tells my mouth to say, "Thank you, but no. Just no."
- •And multivitamins.