Things That Made Me Uncomfortable on 12/24 and 12/25
Family members are interesting ...
- •When my uncle said, "Ay-rahb."
- •When my grandmother said she saw on Facebook a story where a customer was very offended by a cashier who said, "Merry Christmas," instead of, "Happy Holidays.""It's getting scary." -my grandmother.
- •When my cousins' grandmother received a phone call in the living room and yelled out that everyone socializing were being too loud.
- •When nobody was interested in the Irish Car Bombs my sister offered to makeMy recent ulcer prevented my participation.
- •When my Aunt and Uncle gave me a gift card for $30I'm a 26-year-old self-sufficient college graduate who is earning a salary.
- •When my aunt and uncle gave my grandfather a Kindle FireMy grandfather has never (ever) been on the Internet. He doesn't have an Amazon account. My aunt and uncle live out of state. They weren't present.
- •When the deacon acknowledged the existence of cow pies in the manger of the Nativity sceneHe used the term "cow poo-poos" ... Twice.
- •When the deacon's wife played an original song for the congregation after the sermon
- •When my uncle (and ex-boss) told me his company has tripled its gross income in the 15 months since I left