Anton Yelchin died today in a freak accident. The first time I saw him was in Charlie Bartlett, smack dab in the middle of my angsty years and felt very helpless and purposeless. I wrote this quote down on my notebook and read it daily. I am immensely sad that his life and career have been cut short. Give his movies a watch today. He was brilliant.
- •Well, see, that's my whole point.
- •I mean, you could've been born a single cell organism on the planet Zortex. In fact, given the odds, it's probably more likely.
- •But you weren't.
- •You were born a human being.
- •And not just any human being in the history of human beings
- •But a human being that gets to be alive today
- •That gets to listen to all kinds of music
- •That gets to eat food from every culture
- •That gets to download porn off the internet
- •So, really, you have everything to live for.