MY GRANDMOTHER ("""CLAIMS TO HAVE TO""") INVENTED THE ARNOLD PALMER
I learned the whole story at dinner tonight
- •For as long as I can remember my nana has ordered half lemonade half iced tea, better known as an Arnold Palmer
- •We always jokingly called it a Thelma Hallman
- •Apparently, she was at a golf tournament in 1959 and poured herself half a cup from the iced tea jug and half from the lemonade jugEveryone thought she was ~*cRaZy*~
- •When they asked her what that was, she said "I'll call it an Arnold Palmer"
- •Then "100 years later" she saw him on TV and they asked him what he wanted to drink and he said "well I guess I'll have an Arnold Palmer but I don't know why they call it that!!!"This part of the story is completely unconfirmed
- •(The official story is that Arnie drank it regularly at his home course and someone overheard him ordering it at the bar and called it "that Palmer drink")WHICH SOUNDS P CONVENIENT TO ME, PALMER
- •But would this woman lie to you and me and the world???????
- •So next time you want to quench your thirst with half a tangy lemonáde and half a refreshing iced tea, call it a Thelma Hallman in honor of the TRUE ORIGINAL