My Rules of List
Inspired by @LeahG
- •Proofread at least once before I postAnd have zero qualms about going back to fix typos that I've missed
- •Follow people whose content I find engaging and enjoyable. Occasionally purge my following list of people who haven't listed in the last month.I've only done this purge twice. Once, right after the Android invasion and again when the "posted a list for the first time in a while" notification started. I love push notifications and I didn't want to turn them off, but it was too much for me. I also accidentally unfollowed a lot of people in those purges so if I unfollowed you and it upset you, I'm sorry and I didn't mean it! I even unfollowed my internet gf @brimattia momentarily so it's not personal, I promise.
- •Try not to take it personally when I get unfollowedOne time I lost 10 followers in one day!! It was weirdly very upsetting!!!! But then I remembered that I also callously unfollow and now I'm over it
- •Relist liberally! Especially if it's a list with very little engagement.I have a weirdly high number of followers! Not recommended user levels, but a lot! I like the idea that by relisting something, I'm sending it to 1,600 people who probably wouldn't have seen it otherwise. This is a very weird and narcissistic thing to say! But I love when I relist something by someone with like 10 followers and come back an hour later and see it trending.
- •Actively seek out lists about views and perspectives other than my ownSometimes this is really hard! And I wanna debate about why I disagree! But I like knowing what the "other side" has to say. I'm guilty of not relisting these because I don't want people to pile on them. But know that I'm reading and listening and I love hearing what you have to say!
- •Only engage in a List App Feud if it's about something that 1) directly affects me or people I love, 2) I am passionate and informed on, and 3) needs my particular perspective at this timeIf it doesn't fall into all 3 categories, I usually stay out of it. And it usually doesn't.
- •Only block people who actually detract from my List experienceFor example, there were two listers who only ever commented on my lists to point out things about me and my personality that they didn't like. Which okay cool! I'm not for everyone! I'll save us both some time and energy and just remove myself from your feed completely! The only other 2 who caught that #block were openly racist, misogynistic, or otherwise cruel. And then there were the 8 different burner accounts someone used to harass me about my religious beliefs but I don't think they count.
- •Mildly heckle HQ at least once a month
- •Maximum two (2) list crushes at one timeIt's a revolving door of hotties tbh and I will never tell a soul
- •Don't take any of this too seriouslyBut also take it all super seriously because it's the Internet and everything is a catastrophe
- •List about One Direction at least once a month.KEEP👏🏼THE👏🏼BRAND👏🏼ALIVE