THINGS I PLAN TO TEACH MY DAUGHTER
Lessons my mom taught me, and some I wish she did
- •Don't be ashamed of who or what you are passionate about
- •School is important but it isn't everything.
- •Friends are important but they aren't everything.
- •If a boy is mean to you, he either doesn't like you or he isn't respectful enough to channel his feelings about you in a positive way. Either way, he does not deserve your attention
- •Your emotions are valid and you are entitled to them.
- •It's okay to have secrets as long as they don't hurt anyone
- •You won't always get exactly what you deserve. That doesn't mean you should stop working hard or being nice
- •Be honest about your dreams and ambitions, even if they aren't practical.