WE'RE IN NEW YORK FOR THE DAY...WHAT SHOULD WE DO
Usually my parents and I carefully plan every minute but this time we were like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ we were planning to do an NBC Studio Tour but it didn't pan out.
- •Halp.We've been here like 400 times over the last 20 years so we've done most of the tourist shit at least once. Looking for fun hidden gems!
- •Currently at the High Line in Chelsea (?)
- •You guys could check out the new Whitney museum. I think it opens at 10:30.Suggested by @emilynielsen
- •Visit a holiday market. Bryant Park, Columbus Circle or Union Sq. I think the Bryant Park Winter Village is closest to youSuggested by @LeahHaydock
- •I was just in NY yesterday! There's an Saturday Night Live exhibit for the 40th anniversary. It was really good! http://snltheexhibition.com/Suggested by @AEM
- •Go visit all the holiday things! And if you're looking for good food: John's Pizzeria on 44th and 8th has great pies and the space used to be a church so it has pretty stained glass in it; there's a Japanese tapas place called Izakaya Mew around 35th that has amazing ribs.Suggested by @kaymaldo
- •If you are in Soho go to The Evolution Store. 120 Spring Street. It's filled with fossils, minerals, skulls, insects and tons of natural history stuff. Cool and free to browse.Suggested by @kiraandlulu
- •Whitney museum is fantastic and right by the high line.Suggested by @ElizabethCrane
- •Get some cupcakes at Butter LaneSuggested by @linzamauve
- •Museum of Moving Image in Astoria (also stop by Steinway St for dope Middle Eastern food)Suggested by @JongheeQ
- •First off APOLOGIES for lack of a one direction museum but if you/parents like Hemingway go hit up The Morgan Library, it's my safe haven (@ChrisK did a nice list on this exhibit i remember) - also, get some eggnog (barf i know but sometimes YES pls) at Pete's Tavern in Gramercy. The lights on the ceiling around Xmas are somehow just the best. 🎄Suggested by @JessicaBalboni
- •MezzrowAn amazing little Jazz lounge in Greenwich Village that hosts beautiful solo & duo performances. Bonus: a ticket bought here is also good for the more famous club across the street, Small's, which usually has larger groups performing.Suggested by @Jazz
- •L'asso pizza in soho. Ask for Love Jungle, and if he's your server, tell him to tell you about Burning Man. Then go to the American Apparel on Spring St. Ask for Joey, and tell him Olive loves him vvv much. (Shop around if you'd like)Suggested by @olive
- •Museum of the Moving Image in Astoria, QueensA really fun and interactive hidden gem in Queens!Suggested by @Sammyjbv