- •My daughter is getting braces Monday. Do you have any memorable stories/pointers from when you had braces?
- •Great GIF! I remember almost choking on spaghetti when I was eating with my retainer that I WAS TOLD TO EAT WITH. Also, I remember night brace Hell!Suggested by @kate81
- •THE TAPPERThey might not use it anymore, but they used to use metal bands around your molars and TAP TAP TAP them into your gums with this awful tool. TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP TAPSuggested by @jennifergster
- •I remember having fun picking out the different color bands, and smiling a lot more after getting my braces off. LolSuggested by @elmospimpingme
- •I have memories of eating a lot of baby aspirin when I got my wires 'tightened'! Also, I'm probably in the dental field due in part, to my positive experience in the orthodontist's office! The braces themselves were 👎🏻 but the office staff/doctor, were 👍🏻🙂I also have an occasional dream that when they take off my braces, my teeth come out with them😩😩😩Suggested by @cvlop61
- •She'll be sore for a few days, so have soft foods around after each tightening.I had braces in the 80s and remember surviving on Carnation Instant Breakfast, mashed potatoes, stuff like that. Kids today have it much easier now with protein shakes, Greek yogurt, flavored applesauce, etc.Suggested by @jhope71