The Time I Got My Tongue Stuck To Something Metal
Thank you @BWN_7 for helping me relive some memories
- •A Christmas Story came out when we still lived in Michigan. If you don't remember a main character- Flick- gets his tongue stuck on a pole.We moved to Florida when my brother and I were 9 years old.
- •Maybe I'm one of those I'll believe it when I see it people.
- •I do have a tendency to want to try stuff myself.
- •Plus my dad told my brother and I that when people do that the whole tongue freezes and breaks in two like a snake tongue.That must've sounded ridiculous so maybe I thought the whole thing was stupid.
- •The memories are a bit murky, but I remember distinctly thinking that tongue on metal thing must just be something in movies and absolutely no way that could be true.
- •So I somehow found myself at the high school football stands.We lived across the street from the elementary school and just down the street from the high school.
- •I can't remember if I was by myself but my brother was probably with me.
- •I stuck my tongue out to touch a metal pole and what'd ya know? That was true after all. Huh.
- •So brother ran back home to get the folks. Meanwhile I grew bored and just ended up peeling my tongue off. 😝
- •I think my dad was mad at me bc for some reason i have a memory of him serving hot dogs and ketchup.Side note- if your tongue is hurting DO NOT eat ketchup.