A random list of animals I encounter on my morning commute...in Haiti
I worked in Haiti for a year and seeing a screaming goat on the back of a motorcycle before I had my coffee became pretty normal.
- •Cockroach/spider/scorpion thing/mosquitosGood morning! Check out what's hanging out on your mosquito net and what managed to find a way inside.
- •RoosterAnnouncing it's manhood at all hours of the night, but even more so between 5 and 5:30 am.
- •GoatOpen the door and this animal, which resembles an alien, is there to baaa at you
- •DogThere's always a dog. Every house has one.
- •CowChews and stares at you as you cautiously walk by it...it doesn't seem like it, but Haitian cows move fast.
- •TurkeyOn Thanksgiving, I bet they were happy that I'm a vegetarian
- •HorseScared creatures, terrified of all things smaller than them for some strange reason
- •Chicken + chicksA very cute little group that often like to cross busy roads together
- •DonkeyEnjoys being efficient and carrying things. Will run over anything in its way.