Advice I need from my grandmother
"We are two wings of the same bird" Hilda Parichi Ortiz always said to me. Now that she's forgotten it, I say it to her.
- •When you forget my name should I tell you, or pretend to be your nurse who loves you until her heart breaks?
- •What do you think would make me the happiest?
- •What would make you proud to be my abuela? Have I done it yet?
- •What do I do when you scream at me at the top of your lungs bc you forgot you're at home, and I can't quit crying? Do I turn my head so you can't see my eyes?
- •What do you want me to do when I can't take care of you like you need? You never told me what to do. Can you give me a sign?
- •Are we going to be okay... The two of us?