MY SHORTEST JOB EVER
At week one and a half I put in my two weeks notice
- •I got a better job offer
- •But I also likely quit because...
- •Everyone I worked with was old and marriedAnd I was tired of being asked if I was married
- •My feet hurtThe floor was hard, I stood all day, and was required to wear shoes that hurt my feet
- •My coworkers were these beautiful Eloise at the Plaza type characters and I looked like little orphan Annie in comparisonBut also just in general that's how I look
- •OverwhelmedCried on the phone to my mom because I was scheduled thirty hours (just ten hours short of full time) during midterms
- •Missed numerous apartment tours because I was always at workI trust my friends to pick the right one but I'm also a control freak and so maybe I don't trust them???
- •I really wanted Saturday off to go to the Chicago Botanical Gardens with my friendArguably the most important reason