My Favorite Love Songs
Inspired by a lot of people, altho I think it was started by @veshecco list requesting people? I'm playing anyway. 😋🙃
- •Fairytale of New York - The PoguesRaw & real - Him: I could have been someone; Her: Well so could anyone. You took my dreams from me, when I first found you. Him: I kept them with me, babe. I put them with my own. Can't make it all alone, I've built my dreams around you. (After just calling her dying, drugged out, slut...)
- •Love You To The End - The PoguesA much more traditional, sweet song. Actually verging on sappy. I love it anyhow.
- •I am not a huge love song fan.Don't judge 🙃
- •It's about to get sappy.Sorry.
- •Heaven - Bryan AdamsThis was "our song" for my first real love. I was too young to be in love but I was anyway. This lasted on & off thru my entire teen years.
- •Have You Ever Really Loved A Women? - Bryan AdamsWedding song, for the second and only other time I've really been in love.
- •Ho Hey - LumineersMore of a "well, I fucked that up" song, but those are the relationship songs I relate to most
- •Okay there are more but they are not "I love my partner" love songs, they are the songs I sang to my kids as babies as I held them close and danced with them, and heck, that is some strong love too...
- •Sarah Smile - Hall & OatesMy oldest. I was a terrified 18yo single mom, and completely clueless. Her name is Sarah. And it made her smile. She's 27 now. We grew up together, and we did alright 😄
- •I'll Be The Greatest Fan Of Your Life - Edwin McCainOkay, this one could seem a little over the top, but we knew from the beginning that our son had something off. He got an official diagnosis of Atypical Autism by the time he was 4, but even as a little baby, we knew. And I wanted to convey that it didnt matter, in my eyes he was (is) still perfect. He's 18 now.
- •I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann WomackNot my usual genre of music, but she is not a usual child. She was an oopsie baby, and the fact the she was conceived at all, due to timing, was so unlikely as to verge on weird. And it was a terribly awful pregnancy, with life threatening complications for me after the birth. But, my god, she is the greatest joy. I don't know how to explain it - she's that kind of sweet souled person with that "thing" about them...where just being near her makes you feel better. She's 14 now.