Good Singaporean Food in the Bay Area - Desserts
After having lived in Singapore for about 20 yrs and the Bay Area for 6, here are a couple of places I've been able to get my usual fixes. Check out the entree, appetizer and drinks list too.
- •Goreng pisangFried banana, 'nuff said.
- •Durian puffsPastries with real durian custard.
- •Ice kacangAssorted nuts and jello underneath a mountain of flavored ice.
- •ChendolMilky icey dessert.
- •Pulut hitamLiteral translation "black rice", but kind of a red bean like soupy dessert.
- •Kaya pancakeSweet coconut jam inside a fried prata "pancake". The prata isn't the best pastry for the kaya, but at least the kaya's great.
- •Nonya kuehPeranakan pastries - some kind of glutinous rice flour cake desserts. Best thing ever with lots of flavors. Often sold out, or only 1 kind available.
- •Durian ice creamReally awesome they have this flavor here.