Good Singaporean Food in the Bay Area - Drinks
After having lived in Singapore for about 20 yrs and the Bay Area for 6, here are a couple of places I've been able to get my usual fixes. Check out the entree, dessert and appetizer list too.
- •Kopi - most formsLots of the southeast asian places serve this Singapore style coffee, but this has the best customization, quality and price. Of course, this place is named "coffee shop".
- •Teh tarik"Pulled" tea Indian style, best place to find this.
- •Bubble teaClosest to Singapore's Koi, especially for the "creama" types. Everyone probably has their own favorite location for boba.
- •Grass jellySurprisingly found this drink here at this boba place.
- •Fresh soy milkJust like home, slightly sweet, not curdled.
- •Fresh coconut water$4.50 per young coconut, but so good, and you can eat the flesh too.
- •Fresh sugar cane juiceHas a hint of lime juice in this one, which isn't usually found locally, but tastes great too.
- •YakultMy favorite lactobacillus acidophilus.
- •Yeo's packet drinksAssorted flavors - winter melon tea, lychee, soya milk, chrysanthemum tea.