UP ALL NIGHT IN MAPUTO
I landed in Mozambique at 8pm Sunday after about 24 hours of traveling. Unfortunately, I was beat and slept nearly the whole way here, it's now 6am on Monday and I've slept an hour.
- •You'd think I'd have this down by now.I fly to and from East and Southern Africa several times a year for work. Jet lag and I have a system going! What happened?!
- •I forgot my melatonin, which is a huge part of the problem.HUGE!!
- •Another big problem is I slept for about 12 of the 18 hours I spent in the air on the way here.This is normally a no-no, but I was exhausted after a week at a conference in Chicago. Long days of networking and learning paired with long nights of catching up on work make Kait a sleepy lady.
- •I've also been experiencing a lot of anxiety and insomnia in my non-jet-lagged life.
- •Two hours into not sleeping, I caved and started a Private Practice marathon.I KNOW you're not supposed to watch tv when you can't sleep, but I was almost at the crossover episode with Grey's where Archer has parasitic cysts in his brain!!!
- •I'm now supposed to co-lead a two-day kickoff and planning meeting for a project I manage.And then turn around and do this insomnia business again on Wednesday, when I fly home to DC.
- •This is all still worth it, right?