TIMES I CRIED RE-READING HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCERER'S STONE THIS WEEK
It's like, these books get more painful each time I read them.
- •When Hagrid mentioned borrowing the motorbike from SiriusLike, this is happening over the worst days of Sirius and Remus' lives and everyone is celebrating but you know they are just numb and in so much pain and it is only going to get worse
- •Harry clutching the letter in his hand as he slept on the doorstepHe's going to wake up and never be loved or cared for like he should be and it's not fair
- •When Harry sees his family in the Mirror of ErisedFOR THE FIRST TIME. UGH, MY FUCKING HEART IS BREAKING FOR THIS TINY CHILD
- •Harry getting the cloak at ChristmasIt's the only thing he's ever owned that is connected to Lily and James. THE ONLY THING.
- •"It shows us nothing more than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts."YOU ARE KILLING ME, DUMBLES
- •When Hermione and Ron are like, "Of course we're going with you to get the stone."The parallels between this scene and DH when Harry tries to discourage them from coming on the horcrux hunt are too much for me.
- •"...to have been loved so deeply, even though the person who loved us is gone, will give us some protection forever."
- •Hagrid giving Harry the photo albumAll I can think about is how Hagrid had to have contacted Lupin for photos and how he hasn't seen Harry since Lily and James' deaths. He must've wanted to contact Harry after he started school but probably felt either responsible in some way or that he wasn't good enough. Thinking about Lupin in those years always devastates me.
- •Neville's last minute ten pointsNEVILLE YOU ARE AMAZING AND I WISH YOU KNEW IT MORE