Why I Never Want To Leave My Parents' House This Spring/Summer
There are several reasons I'm going to spend as much time as possible at my parents' house this summer. These are a few.
- 1.There are peach treesThey just started producing fruit last year and I didn't get any. I am determined to eat a sun ripened peach fresh from the tree this year
- 2.And cherry treesBOTH IN THEIR YARD. SO MUCH FRUIT.
- 3.The yard in generalThey don't even have grass, the ground cover is literally wild strawberries.
- 4.EVEN THE RHUBARB BLOSSOMSIT MIGHT LOOK LIKE WEIRD BRAINS BUT I DON'T EVEN CARE
- 5.Plus there are Trillium everywhere right now.One of the best things about spring/early summer
- 6.JUST LOOK AT THEM ALLDOTTING THE GODDAMN LANDSCAPE
- 7.There are cherry orchards everywhere and they are just starting to blossomI want to run through them all. I won't, but I want to.
- 8.Plus so many wineriesThere is a good chance I will abuse the tastings at the ones that don't charge.
- 9.And the viewsNorthern Michigan is fucking beautiful and I won't hear otherwise
- 10.Lake Michigan is five minutes awayI can't wait to waste my days swimming in a giant lake free of salt and weird animals
- 11.NORTHERN LIGHTSI know this photo was on another list already, but it deserves another place here.
- 12.All the perks that come with staying at my parents' houseFree food, free laundry, free wine, meals cooked for me, it's pretty great. I miss being a kid sometimes.
- 13.AND FREE ICE CREAMOkay, not all the time but local businesses really like to give shit away, especially before Memorial Day.