MY FAVORITE PARTS OF "MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING"
I know no one cares but I used to watch this movie on my portable DVD player over and over again and it's one of the best films of all time in my humble opinion. These are my favorite things about it!!!!
- •Toula's houseIn the beginning when there's a pan down their suburban street and you land on their house with all the statues and the Greek flag is painted on their garage door
- •Toula's dad GusGus (Michael Constantine) is literally one of the best characters of all time. So hilarious and nuanced and rich that he MUST be based on a real person. How he sprays windex on every wound, how he explains to Toula's friends that the root of every word is Greek, how he insults everyone in Greek, just everything is perfect.
- •When Toula's mother says the best thing ever"If the man is the head of the house, the woman is the neck and she can turn the head any way she wants"
- •Toula's grandmotherShe's still bearing grudges from the Greco-Turkish war and sleeps with a knife under her pillow. Every night the neighbors find her in their yard and have to bring her home and she refers to everyone not in her immediate family as a "filthy turk." It gets me every time.
- •Toula's auntShe's so funny my favorite part is when she pinches people's collar bones and says "EAT SOMETHING I COULD SNAP YOU LIKE A CHICKEN!"
- •Cousin NikkiThat hair
- •Ian's uncomfortable white parents
- •The bundt sceneWhen Ian's parents bring a bundt cake and Toula's mom can't figure out what it is and she finally puts a flower pot in the center to fill the hole and an offscreen old Greek lady's voice yells "YOU FIXED IT!"
- •Nia Vardalos is a genius thank you that is all