HALSEY PLAYED A SOLD OUT SHOW AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN LAST NIGHT AND I CRIED
- •While performing, Halsey told the story of how when she was 19 (she's 21) she went to an Ed Sheeran concert at MSG and left feeling super inspired.
- •On the train ride home from the concert she told herself that this was what she wanted to do. And that she was finally going to go after it. And on that ride home she wrote a song called Ghost.
- •She ended up at the Halsey Street subway stop and that was the night Halsey was born. (Fun fact: Her name is Ashley and if you rearrange the letters you get Halsey.)
- •Last night she played Ghost to a sold out crowd at Madison Square Garden and everyone sang the lyrics back to her. She cried, I cried, the whole room cried.
- •And there's no doubt in my mind that there were people in the audience last night who heard her story and enjoyed her show and were inspired to go after their dreams just like she did.
- •The look on her face says it all. 💜