TRUE LIFE: I HAVE EMETOPHOBIA
And I'm not even sure I pronounce it correctly.
- •For those who don't know, Emetophobia is the fear of throw up.I have a fear of both throwing up and throw up in general.
- •The reason I never drank in high school or college is because I had a fear that it was going to cause me to throw up.I still barely ever drink because of this.
- •I don't go on roller coasters because, what do you know, that can lead to throwing up.
- •Whenever I get a bad stomach ache, I start to get bad anxiety over whether or not I'm going to be sick.This has lead to me collapsing and passing out.
- •I obsessively check the expiration date on every food item.And as a kid, I'd throw out anything that was nearing the expiration date. This made my parents very angry.
- •Traveling is the worst because I'm in constant fear that I'm going to get sick when I'm not home.
- •Living in a college dorm for four years was an absolute nightmare.They didn't clean the bathrooms on the weekend and I am still surprised I survived.
- •I get bad anxiety whenever I get a stomach ache, which is unfortunately very often.
- •I hate how much I let this fear control my life growing up.