10 TIMES KIMMY SCHMIDT HAS TOUCHED/BROKEN MY HEART
/inspired me/made me cry, etc. Spoilers for S2, potentially.
- •"We're not GARBAGE. We're human beings. I have to get my life back. Everybody in Durnsville is always going to look at me like a victim, and that's not who I am."We are so much greater than the bad things that are said to/about us... including by ourselves.
- •"You're okay. You're okay. You are a person."Sometimes you just have to remind yourself of that fact.
- •"Protect me from what? The worst thing that ever happened to me happened in my own front yard. Life beats you up... you can either curl up in a ball and cry or you can stand up and say 'we're different, we're the strong ones and you can't break us.'"I've read that the premise for this show was inspired by Tina Fey being attacked in her front yard as a child. That makes this little monologue that much more powerful.
- •"Just take it ten seconds at a time. Everything will be okay."My goddamn mantra.
- •"I still believe the world is good. That bunnies are nice and snakes are mean. That one day Sandra Bullock will find someone who deserves her."🐰🐍
- •"Don't worry about me. I'm like a biscotti. People act like I'm this sweet cookie, but I'm really this super hard thing that nobody knows what I am or why I am."This is what I mean by "made me cry." Too real.
- •"I do understand the world, Mrs. Voorhees. It's tough, but so are we."God, this is so important. You can be aware of how hard things are and still take it slow and still love life.
- •"Ugh, I hate that look. I don't want pity. It's like, I'm more than this one terrible thing that happened to me."🎢🎡
- •"I care because it's my fault, okay? I'm the reason your boundaries got screwed up. It's my fault you're leaving."...yeah.
- •"Be you. Be what you want. Then become unbreakable."💁🏼