FOODS THAT REMIND ME OF MY CHILDHOOD
I'm sad and hungry.
- •Macaroni and CheeseBut my mother's homemade recipe, made with spiral pasta and bacon and capsicum.
- •Stuffed CapsicumMy dad's signature recipe, handed down from his mother. I'm not allowed to share it.
- •Slushies/Freezies/SlurpiesEvery so often we'd walk back from school to my mum's car on a hot day and she have bought us one from the petrol station.
- •SacherorteAnother of my grandmother's favourite recipes. Going to the Sacher Hotel (both of them, actually!) in Austria was a real honour.
- •Cinnamon DoughnutsBribery for going shopping with Mum after school.
- •Two Minute NoodlesLunch at Nan's.
- •Mango Jelly and Ice CreamDessert at Nan's.
- •Vegemite ToastA go-to when I got sick.
- •McNuggetsSomehow I always wind up eating these when somebody's died?
- •Sour WormsJust seeing them at work makes my mouth hurt.
- •HotdogsI went off them for years because they made me vomit... once.
- •CalipposOur treat when we went to the public pool in summer (before indoor pools were a thing!)
- •Kinder SurprisesI still eat them, it's the best chocolate you can get.
- •Veal Schnitzel with Potato Salad and Cucumber SaladMy dad's OTHER signature dish... aka he only cooks 5 things.
- •SpaghettiMy mother's is the best. 🍝❤️