Kind of feel like I'm going to throw up but here goes nothing.
- •So I know I'm not obligated to show anybody what I look like, online.
- •And there has been some freedom in not showing anyone my face for almost (I think) ten months now.
- •Watching a shit ton of Catfish has made me realise how much appearances shouldn't matter and how often the pursuit of looking perfect to others can break hearts.
- •I find it hard to share pictures of myself because I assume it will mean people will like me less because I don't consider myself pretty.
- •I'm never told I'm pretty.
- •My sister used to tell me that, to her friends, I was "just like her, but not as pretty."
- •I've accepted how I look, for the most part.
- •This isn't a cry for compliments.
- •This is full disclosure.
- •So this is me.
- •Kaitlyn Maree.
- •But I'll always be the cat looking in the mirror to you guys, if that's okay with you.
- •Mandatory That Snapchat Filter finale (excuse the eye bags!)