ONE YEAR ON
Looking back on the end of a friendship.
- •I still miss her?
- •Missing her catches me off guard, sometimes. I'll see a book or a trailer and think about how I'd want to share that with her and then remember.
- •I have much less anger. This could be DBT or just time. I don't know.
- •I'll never be okay with what she called me in front of our mutual friends but I know those worth keeping will form their own opinions of me.
- •It's still awkward having mutual friends and seeing things on FB that I used to be a part of.
- •I have changed so much as a person without her. Therapy, meds, for better or for worse.And some of it was for worse. I can't undo the damage Seroquel's done to me as quickly as she undid our friendship, but I'm working at it.
- •I am better off without her.I am 👏🏼 better 👏🏼 off 👏🏼 without 👏🏼 her.
- •Sometimes bridges are burnt that you aren't yet ready to see turn to ash. You want to swim back, rage against the current but instead you have to take a deep breath and walk down stream.Even if it means being alone as you search for another path to new and better things.