THE END OF AN ERA?
I feel dumb writing this list about a movie series but The List App is my safe place so let's go. 🔥
- •I'm about to see the final The Hunger Games film.
- •I'm seeing it with the same person I saw the first.I usually don't keep friends this long, so this is significant.
- •I haven't thought about this series in a while.
- •Actually, that's a lie.I've thought about it a lot, I've just shoved it down to the Not Talked About place because of a falling out with a friend I had about the last one.
- •I get super invested in books and movies, clearly.
- •But only because I need to.Sometimes life sucks, and focusing on other people's even suckier lives makes all the difference.
- •See, I've always needed little reasons to keep going.
- •Don't we all?A concert, a new movie, a meeting with a friend we haven't seen in far too long.
- •The Hunger Games was/is that for me.
- •I wouldn't have gotten through my first semester of university without it.I remember one of The Worst Days when I saw a poster for the first film and I felt okay.
- •I didn't channel Katniss.
- •I didn't pretend that I was fighting the Capitol.I simply gave myself something to look forward to.
- •I know I can always revisit the books and the films.
- •But the end of what has been a genuinely excellent series is making me emotional.All good things to an end, and all of that.
- •I'll always be grateful for that.
- •And I'll keep looking for little reasons to keep going.Because sometimes they're all we have.
- •So let's go.
- •One more time.And may the odds be ever in our favour.