by Naomi Shihab Nye.
- •"A boy told me
- •if he roller-skated fast enough
- •his loneliness couldn’t catch up to him,
- •the best reason I ever heard
- •for trying to be a champion.
- •What I wonder tonight
- •pedaling hard down King William Street
- •is if it translates to bicycles.
- •A victory! To leave your loneliness
- •panting behind you on some street corner
- •while you float free into a cloud of sudden azaleas,
- •pink petals that have never felt loneliness,
- •no matter how slowly they fell."