- 1.Yesterday I took my dog for a walk, passed a local park and saw a swingset. I don't remember the last time I swung on one. Normally I'd be concerned the wood of the structure might groan beneath my adult weight but instead I just laughed and laughed as I swung higher and higher without the fear of falling.It's been so long since I smiled so much, so real.
- 2.I think I want to take up magic? I saw Now You See Me 2 and while it didn't live up to its predecessor – it couldn't possibly – it reminded me how much I love cardistry and card tricks.I also just really need a hobby.
- 3.I spent time with a friend I've mostly just spoken to online today (despite attending primary and two high schools together) and it was the first time in a long time I've been out with someone since my former best friend decided she was done with our friendship. For the first time in months, maybe years, I felt like I wasn't a burden to someone aswe talked and talked and talked. My only regret is not hanging out in person sooner. I hope I don't fuck this one up.
- 4.At the end of the month I'll be able to start planning my trip to the US. I've wanted to go for so long but life kept getting in the way. I have so much I want to see and do. Already wondering what the chance of meeting my fave creators at @list HQ might be.And what Aussie goodies to bring.
- 5.Tomorrow is my last exam of UG – assuming I pass – and I can't really believe it. I thought so many times of quitting but I've made it to the finish line. I can see the ribbon waiting to be crossed. I'm so tired that I might stagger but I'll be damned if I stop.Even if I'm a little terrified of what comes next.
- 6.There is so much badness but I am slowly starting to find so much goodness, too. Goodness that maybe has been there all along – maybe while I was looking the wrong way.Something I've long tended to do.