THINGS I LIKE ABOUT MY PSYCHIATRIST
Minus the fact it costs $200 to speak to her for 30 minutes.
- •The fact that she calls me "darling."I guess this could be deemed ~unprofessional by some but it comes so naturally from her, like a mother.
- •The way she validates my anxiety.Not by saying that my fears are real but rather the way I'm feeling is.
- •The names of her sons.
- •The fact that she never leaves me without enough medication.Other doctors have done this and caused more anxiety than they cured.
- •The way that she's honest with me about addiction.And knows that I'm wary of it because of my family.
- •The fact that she's never taken more than a day to respond to an email.And squeezed me in to see her within two days this week.
- •That fact that she gushed to me about James McAvoy when she asked me what I had to look forward to this year and I could only really answer "X-Men."
- •The way she informed me CBT clearly wasn't cutting it after nearly ten years of therapy.And introduced me to my new psychologist and ACT: Acceptance and Commitment Therapy.
- •The way she never makes me feel like I need to rush.
- •Each time she's reminded me I wasn't hopeless, or helpless.And rather reminded me how far I've come.