TOP TEN CRAZIEST THINGS I'VE SEEN WHILE WORKING AT A GROCERY STORE
Super old request, but I finally feel equipped to answer this, five months into my employment. Most of these are just WTF.
- •Random guy came in on a Saturday night covered in blue body paint.From head to toe. Wearing only board shorts.
- •Me: Hi! How are you doing tonight?Customer: Drunk. (Customer was buying a $3 bottle of milk and definitely wanted his receipt.)
- •Customer that could not understand why I would see Deadpool twice in theatres.He was vaguely outraged and insisted it was a waste of money, not because the movie was bad but because no one should ever see a movie twice, apparently?
- •The baler."Baler? I hardly know her."
- •Customer that bought no less than 100 tins of spam.
- •Customer that bought no less than 100 bottles of Powerade.
- •The customer that bought 120 tubes of toothpaste.Today.
- •The customer that tried very, very hard to pay with Indian currency.It was very pretty but I could not accept it. I don't even know the exchange rate.
- •The produce guy who was told off for bagging things improperly by a fellow coworker - not his area of expertise - and argued "it's already FLAT bread!"I can't fault this logic. At least the customer was amused.
- •Any trolley filled with coconut water.