WHAT I WOULD TELL MYSELF IF I WASN'T MYSELF
Trying to practice self-compassion to pull myself out of this slump. Would love to see others do the same.
- •You deserve better.
- •Small accomplishments matter.
- •The fact that it's taken you so long to get to where you are doesn't speak of your laziness, it speaks of your perseverance.
- •You can take a Valium. You are not addicted and you are not going to destroy your family.
- •You are good at your job. There's a reason customers come back to you when they get a chance.
- •You got through university because you are intelligent and capable, not because you fooled them or they pitied you.
- •You are not a failure if you gain a kilo or lose your temper.
- •If you kill the bad parts of yourself you kill the good parts, too.
- •Happiness might not be right around the corner, it might be a mountain climb away, but it's waiting for you and you are worthy of it.
- •You are worthy.
- •You are loved.
- •You matter as much as anyone.