WHY I STILL LOVE SENDING MAIL
- •It's pretty much the only thing I get to hand write anymore.Which is why, if you are (un)lucky enough to receive a handwritten letter from me, you will see my handwriting descend from serial killer neat to teenage boy illegible.
- •I really love stationery.Pens, paper, envelopes. I feel bad when I only have ordinary paper so I try to add stickers and other special things to make it look pretty. If I could send scented pink paper like Elle Woods, I probably would.
- •It makes me feel connected.Even if I never hear back, I have sent a little bit of me out into the world and to someone else. Tweeting just doesn't have the same power to it.
- •It makes me feel accomplished.I type fast enough that sending an email =/= a productive task. Nine letters written, sealed and stamped? I am The God of Productivity.
- •It makes me feel brave, and light.There are things I'll write in a letter I can't say aloud or even in an email or on social media. I don't know what it is. If you've ever read The Perks of Being a Wallflower, it's a little like that.
- •I love receiving mail, too.More than anything. Nothing else makes me as feel as important, liked and loved. Why wouldn't I want to share that with someone else?