YES, I LIKED PASSENGERS
Spoilers and opinions a-plenty.
- •Honestly, seeing how bad critics reacted to this film broke my heart a little bit.
- •I read the script forever ago and fell in love with it.
- •When Chris Pratt said it was the best screenplay he'd ever read I totally agreed with him.
- •The hype was real with two of Hollywood's biggest (and one of its mosh problematic) actors cast in the lead roles.
- •I thought they both did a great job.
- •I am one of the few people left who thinks Jennifer Lawrence isn't overrated, although I wish she'd think before she speaks/desecrates sacred things and would learn how to offer a proper apology.
- •I think Passengers has failed critically due to the way it was marketed.
- •A lot of people expected a romantic comedy set in space and it wasn't.
- •It presented its audience with a really tough ethical dilemma.
- •And my own response to it makes me wonder if I'm a terrible person myself, as Chris Pratt's character has been called.
- •But if I was alone on a ship for over a year, coming back from a suicide attempt and bumped into a stunning writer's hibernation chamber...
- •I'd probably wake her up too?
- •That revelation makes me wonder if that's just part of who I am, if I am destined to pull people down as I drown.
- •I don't know.
- •It wasn't Oscar-worthy.
- •But I liked the film.
- •It was a good way to kick off a year of spending way too much money at the movies.