A GUIDE TO SPIRALIZING 🌀
Highly instagrammable, spiralizing is the latest craze in healthful eating. NOTE: this is my personal experience with a first attempt, results may vary.
- •Research and pick out a spiralizer.Paderno makes a good one with lots of cool features, I found this one 40% off (score!).
- •Search online for recipes. When in doubt, @goop delivers.Who doesn't want to emulate Gwyneth? I feel healthier already. http://goop.com/recipes/chicken-paillard-with-zucchini-noodles/
- •Select the vegetable of choice (I went with zucchini) and start spiralizing.It's actually kind of fun, until...
- •Try not to slice off an entire fingernail. 😱Highly painful, lots of blood, not recommended!
- •If you do, stanch the bleeding and purchase creepy-looking first aid product so you can finish cooking.Also, try not to think about what other activities these are used for.
- •Instagram final product & enjoy!Despite feeling fairly woozy, I enjoyed the flavors in the dish. And it even looks a little bit like the goop picture!
- •Bonus step: realize you're still hungry.Sneak completely unhealthy, carb-filled dessert when no one is looking. 😳